Atomy strives to reduce our environmental impact in
all business activities. In our products, we implement policies to
manage environmental and social issues according to
the principles of our consumers and stakeholders.
Commitment to Recycling and Saving Resources
In accordance with Articles 16 and 18 of the Enforcement Rule on the Promotion of Saving and Recycling of Resources, Atomy participates in the following:
- Joined Korea Packaging Recycling Cooperative (2013)
- Submitting Shipping & Import Performance Reports for our products and packaging to the Korea Environment Corporation
to batteries and four types of packaging materials: paper, metal cans, glass bottles, synthetic resins
- Ensuring that manufacturers fulfill the recycling obligation
The company must pay a recycling fee to the Recycling Cooperative.
- Joined Korea Electronics Recycling Cooperative (2019)
Recycling batteries, electronic products, and automobiles in accordance with regulations
- Implementing EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility)
EPR : Manufacturers are responsible for collecting or recycling a certain amount of waste from their products and packaging, and pay a fee for any excess to the Recycling Cooperative.
- Sharing information about EPR with partnering companies to raise awareness
Ensuring that manufacturers fulfill the recycling obligation - The company must pay a recycling fee to the Recycling Cooperative.
Efforts to Cut Environmental Costs in Managing Waste
Atomy is cutting environmental costs by decreasing waste produced during the manufacturing and distribution process in accordance with Article 10 of the Enforcement Rule on the Promotion of Saving and Recycling of Resources. Atomy also tries to efficiently collect and deal with waste that is produced. Since 2013, Atomy has paid fees for any excess waste to the Korea Environment Corporation who uses the funds for the purchase and stocking of recyclable resources, projects for recycling waste, installation and support for waste processing facilities, R&D for efficient recycling and decrease of waste, and other related expenses.
Examples of Environmental Upgrades
The key to our eco-friendly policy is to make long-lasting products to begin with, and then recycle those products to conserve resources. Atomy provides products in consideration of cost saving, enhancing productivity, and environment-friendliness.
- Ultimate Goal
- Strategic Direction
- Strategic Tasks
Packaging Direction (Product Renewal & Packaging)
Consider appropriate size of product containers
Shipping test reviewed
- Change in materials for cosmetics set box (PVC → PS)
Restrictions for PVC packaging (Ministry of Environment)
- Change in packing material (vinyl → paper)
Decrease use of vinyl and change to recyclable paper
- Change in materials for shopping bags (vinyl → non-woven fabric)
Decrease use of vinyl and change to non-woven fabric
- Structure of paper containers
Recyclable by changing to paper containers
- Proper set box design
Decrease damage by minimizing air space in box
- Use of shrink film
Recyclable by using PET shrink film
- Change in cosmetics packaging ( dual parts container -> single container) for 21 products
Decrease overall packaging and use of plastic
- Released using Tetra Pak paper
Changed from aluminum can to Tetra Pak
Status of Redesigned Cosmetics Containers
Total 9,212,611 bottles
- Produced yearly (bottles)
- February 2019
- Atomy Skincare 6 System
- April 2019
- Atomy Men's
- May 2019
- Atomy Aqua Moisture Set
- June 2019
- Calming & AC Care Set
- January 2020
- Atomy Absolute CellActive Skincare
Annual production count, including individual products (in 2018)
The information above is based on Atomy Korea Headquarters.